Monday, March 7, 2011

Recipe To-Do List

Here are the recipes I'd like to attempt sometime in the near future:

Gnocchi with Brussel Sprouts and Butternut Squash
(can I substitute soy milk in place of the heavy cream?)

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
(for a party, not to be kept around the ManWal kitchen, obvs)

Bread
(Nothing revolutionary here but I noticed this no-knead bread recipe calls for 2 Tb of yeast. Errr...I'm pretty sure I use 2 tsp of yeast...so this is either a mistake. Or a future experiment...)

Chorizo and Wisconsin Cheddar Biscuits
(obvs, will be substituting soysage in place of the chorizo but since I make chili 9 times a week, this would be a great accompaniment.)

Last, but certainly not least...I'd like to come up with a recipe to duplicate a beet salad we had on our recent vacation in Mexico. Here's how it's listed on their menu:

Stacked Roasted Beets $49
Stacked roasted beets w/goat cheese, orange segments, pecans, raspberry vinaigrette, yellow bell pepers emulsion

WTF is a yellow bell pepper emulsion?

No comments:

Post a Comment